Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Earthquakes in Toto and Working Hard!

Hey everybody! 

I hope everything is going just fabulous and that you are all enjoying this wonderful time of year!

This last week was pretty good here in the mission. Ive been learning a lot with this opportunity to train a new missionary. Ive had to take a lot of the responsibility and honestly I was really scared to be training, but so far Ive seen that when we put our trust in the Lord we are able to fulfill our callings. We just have to do it his way, not our way. 

As for our investigators right now. We don't have too many whom are positive but we have been meeting new people every day and there are bound to be some prepared people whom we run into in these upcoming weeks. We challenged our investigator to baptism this last week, Carlos, and he told us he would be baptized. However, he is waiting for God to tell him what day he should do it. So we are going to be working with that over the next week or so.

I felt my first real earthquake! It was pretty weird. Sunday morning at 6:11 AM I was woken up by my bed shaking vigorously. It was pretty sketch! I kinda screamed because I didn't know what was going on. That lasted about a minute. Then later that day I was studying, and my comp had gone to take a nap..... when the whole house started shaking! It was the weirdest thing that Ive ever felt. So I got up and ran to the door. And just waited it out. It ended up waking my comp up as well which I guess was Gods way of telling him he shouldnt be napping. :) But the one in the morning was a 5.7, and the one in the afternoon was a lot stronger, however I don't know what the rating was.

Good news is that I have now lived through 2 earthquakes.

Alright everybody! Have a wonderful week.

Love Elder McLain


Hello Everybody!

This last week went really good! We met a bunch of new investigators and spent a ton of time contacting and talking with the people here about Christmas! Which is extremely difficult because half of the people here are Evangelico, and believe that celebrating Christmas is a sin.... and the other half of the people are Catholics who don’t want anything to do with us. But, regardless, we met some, Good news we ended up having 6 investigators come to church! That's the most that I have had in the mission! But, besides that the week was pretty normal. Nothing special really. We did meet a family of 13 who are all super positive! So we will be working with them over the next few weeks. But everybody, I know that this is the true gospel, that Joseph Smith really did restore the gospel in its fulness to the earth again, and that today we have a living prophet here on the earth. I want you all to know that I love you so very much and i miss you, however I know also that this is where I am supposed to be and even though it may be difficult, it's worth every hard moment.
have a fantastic week and try to do something nice for somebody else this coming week,

Con amor,

Elder Mclain
Totonicapan. Beautiful!





No comments:

Post a Comment