Tuesday, November 4, 2014

10 New Investigators!

     Trick or treat everybody! I hope you all had a very happy Halloween and didn't eat too much candy. I don't think I ate any candy on Halloween, it was kind of sad, but we had better things to do. This last week was really good. The week started out as normal, and it was pretty hard to find anybody to teach. But, Friday my comp went to Jucha and our district came here to Toto for divisions, and that was the best day work wise that I have had here in the mission. My companion’s name is Elder Mendoza, and we taught 11 lessons in the one day that he was here. He taught me how to really work and really what we should be doing as missionaries. Hes an awesome missionary and really I learned so much from him. We went and taught a new guy named Carlos, who was a reference from the sisters, and it was one of the saddest lessons I have had while I have been here.

      Carlos has a wife and three daughters whom have left him. Yes, they had a good reason to leave him, he has a really bad drinking problem, but it was extremely hard to talk to him and listen to what he had to say. I really feel for the guy, he has such a strong desire to change, he is just having problems getting over his addiction. He was crying just about the whole lesson, and in the end he asked us if we could give him a blessing. So we did. We have a lesson with him tomorrow and we have a whole game plan set out to help him stop ,but it is going to take some work on his part as well. But, I know that anything is possible through the Atonement of Jesus Christ and I am extremely excited to see him progress.
     As for other people, we met 10 new investigators on Friday and should be working with them over the next little while. Danny was able to bless the sacrament on Sunday, and I think I know how my parents felt when I blessed it for the first time, because I felt like my little kid was all grown up. It was such a cool experience to see him up there in a white shirt and tie. Our other investigator Carlos who owns a barbershop came to church this week, along with the daughter of one of the part member families. It was the first time that we have had more than one investigator at church! Whoo. We also tried to put a date for baptism with Andres, and he didn't accept, he wants to know all of the commandments before he will accept a date, so hopefully this time next week I will be writing you all with a baptism date for the next Saturday. :)
     Saturday was the Day of the Dead, which meant that every single person here in Toto was at the cemetery. It was crazy, nobody  was at home nor in the streets. So we didn't get much done Saturday nor Sunday after church, because I guess the day after the Day of the Dead everyone goes back to the cemetery and stays there the whole entire day. But, next week should be a lot better. I have new goals and new methods that Elder Carlson and I are going to use to find new people and teach our current investigators. 

    It has been really cold here lately, we are up at 8,000 feet and I guess come December, there won’t be snow, but there will be ice everywhere, whatever that means. So that makes me more excited for Christmas here.We already put up our like 8 inch Christmas tree and one strand of lights. Whoo.

Love you all and I will talk to you next Monday. Thanks for everything.

  Con amor,

             Elder McLain
Christmas Decorations in Toto. 



No comments:

Post a Comment