Sunday, August 17, 2014

One Step Closer to the Field

We got another email from Elder McLain on Wednesday. He keeps telling us that he is having a fantastic time. His Spanish has improved immensely and he is ready to get out into the field. He informed us that he will be leaving the MTC on September 2nd. We are so excited and proud of him and all he will and has accomplished. Here is his email to all of you about the MTC, enjoy! 



Hello Everybody!
Another Week at the MTC is done. I'd say that this was my most productive and favorite week yet! I learned a lot and I am really beginning to speak Spanish more fluently. Last Tuesday we got to hear from missionaries serving in Guatemala City who only had one or two months left each, we got to ask them questions about the mission and it was really great to see how mature and powerful their testimonies are. I learned a lot from them such as that exact obedience, 
Exact obedience to the mission rules and exact obedience to the commandments bring more blessings than we can imagine and when we are out in the field, exact obedience will provide us with more opportunities to invite others to come unto Christ. We also had the chance to go to the market in Guatemala and experience some of the culture outside of the CCM. I got an awesome shirt and a cool little tie there from a sketchy store so that was fun. 

The rest of the week consisted of arm wrestling, playing hacky sack, and basketball. Elder Miles and I are the tallest guys here so you can imagine basketball comes pretty easy for us. However, as for arm wrestling... We aren't necessarily the best.

My absolute favorite part of the week was listening to a devotional from Elder Bednar on Sunday.

I learned a ton from him so I will just share a few of the things that I really liked.

  • Understand who you are and you will be able to overcome all Temptation.

  • Your connection with God is much better when you are asking to bless or help somebody besides yourself.
  •  And faith is a principle of action.

 Well I'm going to end it with that. I hope all of you are doing wonderful!

Love, Elder McLain

No comments:

Post a Comment